Manchester City Centre based
Permanent, full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £15,000 – £18,000 per annum, dependant on experience
Oakridge is a privately-owned people development consultancy specialising in leadership development, coaching, change management and developing team excellence. Our mission is to deliver outstanding people development services to a range of employers across the private, public and voluntary sectors. Our vision is to be valued as experts in our approach to providing leading-edge thinking with ‘muddy boots’ practical determination. Everything Oakridge do is driven by its values – they underpin everything that every one of the team says and does.
We are eagerly seeking a dynamic and ambitious person to join our team as a Business Administrator based out of our Manchester City Centre offices. This represents a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to take the next step, in their career. Full of energy, drive and a can-do attitude, you will report to our Business Support Manager, and work closely with our award-winning Directors and Consultant team.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will be responsible for ensuring that our team is supported to meet our business goals. We are looking for someone who shares our values and is passionate about people development. The successful candidate should have experience of working in a support function and will be involved in the day to day office administrative tasks. They will have the confidence to multi-task and assume a business-like role – effectively bringing together a broad range of people and agendas.
The main purpose of this role is to support administration requirements for Oakridge training programmes and activities across the North West, UK and at times globally. This includes both open programmes and bespoke and customised work. The role may also be required to work and travel around the North West from time to time supporting our client events.
This role will have a big impact on the business and the working culture so needs to go to someone who will bear that responsibility seriously, manage it sensitively and be enthusiastic and caring about the future of the company, its clients and its employees.
Scope of the role
- Regular telephone and email contact with a wide range of client organisations, arranging training sessions, coordinating events and answering queries
- Handling incoming sales calls; ensuring they are dealt with professionally and directed to the appropriate person
- Maintaining regular communication and good relationships with Oakridge Consultants and Clients
- Regularly updating our Client Relationship System with new company/contact details
- Supporting the team with Sales and Marketing Initiatives
- Supporting events, in-house programmes, launches and networking activities, under the guidance of the Business Support Manager
- Co-ordinating various reports used during training courses
- Compiling information, sales and marketing packs
- Physically setting up venues for events as and when required e.g. setting up the room, registration arrangements etc.
- Data entry and data cleansing on our systems and database
- Maintaining IT systems
- Organising the office systems; ensuring both paper and electronic data is efficiently managed, scanned, stored and compliant with Data Protection Standards
- Ordering stationery and office supplies, including branded materials, and fulfilling stationery requests from Consultants
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Supporting the team with administrative tasks, systems and procedures
- Maintaining, updating and printing training materials
- Effectively organising conference calls and meetings for extremely busy diaries
- Assisting with diary management when required
- Any other administrative tasks required by the business
- Experience in a similar role is required
- Able to demonstrate skills in organisational efficiency, the development of strong working relationships and the delivery of exceptional support services
- A highly competent written and verbal communicator
- A strong and motivated people person skilled in coordinating administrative tasks
- Willing and able to engage and communicate with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Applications
- Well organised with excellent planning and time-management skills
As a successful Business Administrator, you will:
- Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills (face to face and on the telephone)
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- Have excellent standards of written communication and presentation
- Be a strong team player
- Have the ability to work in small team, sometimes alone
- Have the ability to establish strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Have a flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Have an understanding of and commitment to Oakridge’s mission, values and behaviours
What you’ll need to succeed
Previous experience in a support function is required. As you will be dealing with clients and customers on a regular basis, a confident and articulate manner is essential, alongside strong organisational and time-keeping skills. You will also need to be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint) although support will be provided and available at all times.
What you’ll get in return
For the right candidate, a great package is offered, accompanied by an exciting, fast-paced working environment with employee training and development offered throughout.
Salary: £15,000 – £18,000 per annum, including benefits
Your package also includes:
- Exclusive online rewards and discount scheme through Pro Manchester and the Manchester Chamber
- 33-day holiday entitlement per year (including Bank and Public holidays), plus an extra day off for your birthday
- Contribution to your pension
- State of the art office within Manchester City Centre
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, apply now by forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV, to email@example.com or call Natalie on 07946 291 687 or contact the office on 0161 327 2031.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 16th March 2018.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your application, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will, however, contact you after the candidate placement to request if we can keep your details on file should any possible future position become available.