Develop Your Coaching Skills
Contemporary managers use coaching skills to bring the best out of others, develop talent, and achieve outstanding performance.
An extensive programme spread over six to eight months explores both the theory and practice of coaching skills for managers embedding learning in their own organisation.
- Introduce and embed a coaching culture as a preferred management/leadership style
- Develop the emotional intelligence of key managers to increase their ability to engage others and inspire others to create a strong performance culture
- Deep understanding and practical application of coaching skills as a manager
- Raised awareness and utilisation of emotional intelligence in your leadership role
Example Coaching Questions for Team Leaders
- What is the quality of your relationship with the team?
- Do you respect the team and do they respect you?
- Do you and the team share the same goals?
- How do you know?
- Does the team understand your needs for information, learning and upward support?
- What does the team need you for?
- What is the appropriate balance for this team in your managing upward and downward?
- What issues do you and the team avoid discussing?
- What decisions and actions do you most often procrastinate about?
- What could you stop doing that would improve the team’s performance?
- What could you do more of that would improve the team’s performance?
- How much leadership does this team require?
- What style of leadership would be most appropriate?
- If you could choose your dream team, what would it be like?
- What could you do to turn your existing team into the dream team?