Natalie Griffiths, Oakridge Business Support Manager, shares her insights into Managing Time from the recent Talent Management Think Tank we held in November.
- Focus on the outcome before you start
- Do the most important task first
- Count minutes, not hours
- Focus on one thing at a time
- Keep the bigger picture in mind
- Block out time in your diary to get tasks done
- Set realistic timescales so achievable
- Try not to overcommit
- Don’t get distracted by emails – close inbox
- Plan short meetings and stick to agenda.
Oakridge held their Quarterly Think Tank in November and wanted to share some outputs from the day relating to Time Management – above. Other key outputs in this area relate to Looking After Ourselves – below.
Exercise often – go to the gym – set target for steps – 30 minutes walk daily – walk to work – fresh air to clear head – park further away from the office – see breaks as a time to refuel – have a good morning routine – eat breakfast – get enough sleep – make time for family – listen to audio books whilst driving – don’t drink on a school night – switch off at the weekend i.e. no work phones or laptops – eat well, lots of fruit & veg – mindfulness.
Oakridge holds Talent Management Think Tanks and Health & Public Sector Think Tanks each Quarter and a range of Clients from varying Sectors attend. Events are by invitation only and the next events are:
– HPSTT on Friday 26th January 2018.
– TMTT on Friday 16th March 2018.
Topics are delegate driven and there are great discussion, learning and networking opportunities. To find out more and for an opportunity to attend, please email Kirstie Weatherley, Oakridge’s Business Relationship Manager.