Internationally Recognised Training
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of ill mental health and provide help on a first aid basis.
The MHFA course won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis. It will give you the practical skills and awareness to deliver Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace, and beyond.
The Oakridge Centre offer a two-day MHFA course by our accredited associate instructor
- Identifying and being proactive about managing mental ill health at an early stage
- Reducing long-term absence from work
- Provides good Business Practice overall
- Builds attendees confidence in emotional engagement, influencing and communication skills to support those in distress and create a greater awareness to reduce the stigma around mental ill health
- Promotes early intervention which enables a recovery support programme to be implemented
- You will be trained as a certified Mental Health First Aider through our accredited programme with MHFA England
- Clear understanding of how to immediately recognise and then implement action plans to support those suffering from mental ill health
- Build on your confidence to engage with and influence those who require clear action plans to support them within the workplace (and externally)
- Equally, identifying them for yourself
- Supports your own Personal Development Programme